Shattrath: Portal Cental

Central Location, Professions Training Beyond 50


Over the weekend, I moved my Warrior, Mage and Priest's hearthstone points from wherever they were before, to Shattrath.


I had been planning to do this for a while, for the same reason most people have set Shattrath as their "home" point - that city in the Outlands is the only city that has portals to all the other major cities back in Azeroth. Therefore, easy access to Undercity, Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar all from one place. That sure beats the heck out of waiting for the cross-continent Zeppelins and the flight-masters.


How I did it was to coordinate with some guildmates... We've got one guy who has 5-6 toons levels 60 and above, including a level 67 Mage. At level 65 that Mage learned a Portal spell to port others to Shattrath, so since myself and another guildmate wanted to take our under-58 toons into the Outlands for convenience and for professions training past 50, we gathered up all of our toons at the portal pad in Orgrimmar one by one, then logged them in in succession when our Mage guildmate was opening portals, and we zoomed them all through: Login, enter portal, wait for it to load, logout. Login next toon, repeat the cycle.


I tipped our guild Mage 40g to get my three toons through, and gave him all 7 of the Runes of Teleportation I had on my mage at the time (not knowing I really need to get him the Runes of Portaling or whatever). We got his part over and done with really quickly, then spent the next hour or so continuing the process of organizing our toons:


10. Land in Shattrath

20. Run to a nearby Inn, reset hearthstone

30. Run around looking for a Professions trainer if applicable (if 50+ or enchanter 35+)

40. Make the death relay run from Shattrath through to Thrallmar, getting as many flight points in between

50. Head back to Shattrath

60. Enter a portal back to Azeroth

70. Move toon to the next 'questing' place

80. Log out of this toon, log into the next toon and goto 10.


Yay! Now my 51 Undead Warrior Blacksmith/Miner has a max trainable level for Blacksmithing, Mining and First Aid that is 375. I still need to get the Cooking trainer book from the Outlands but my major professional skills are now opened up a little more so I have a chance at advancing the skill every time I use it instead of what it's been for a while - locked at maximum skill level.


For now, my Warrior is hanging out in Un'Goro crater, even though I find it intensely boring because of how wide-open everything is. I feel like I'm wandering around aimlessly rather than progressing through anything in particular. The main consolation is that I am actually getting quests done and gathering experience and a few hits of Thorium Ore on occasion, so it is some kind of progression.


It's just very very slow right now. Unfortunately this toon is one that doesn't have many playing partners, as my main alt-friendly guildmate doesn't have a toon to go with this one. Once my Warrior gets to where she can hold her own in BRD and LBRS and UBRS and the likes things will be much better, but for now it's slow going on my own. I need to meet up with a mage around my level who is trying to blast down Un'Goro residents while trying to keep them from pounding on him or her! I'll take the beats if I can find someone to blast 'em down!