war warrior preist problems

im having problems on desiding what the warrior priest is im level 13 atm on sliver peak server just captured all the point in tier 4 woot



i can hand out the damage at a slightly slower rate then most pure dps but i can heal but i can easily get out healed by the rune priest and high elf healer person



also what is the majour diffrence between the 2handed weapon and the priest book i know it has to do with healing and spells but really how effective is it



the only difference is in the stats, if you have a great weapon with more willpower on it than your book and 1hander combined you will do more healing, if you have a 1hander with more dps than your 2hander you will do more damage


Here's the thing about Warrior Priests. They can heal, yes. They way they heal is way different than the other healing classes. They aren't main healers at all, they don't have the spells to main heal. They are the best at keeping the entire group topped off and supplement healing when needed. Not only that, out of all of their skills only 4-5 skills (need to verify this) for direct healing, meaning affected by Willpower. The rest of them are hit your offensive target and heal your defensive target and/or group/shield them/buff them so when they take damage they get healed. I know for the attack your enemies and 50% damage done heals the group/hit enemy and heal your def target 300% of your damage ones are completely based on Strength since it's based directly off of damage, but for the others I'm not sure how they're affected by Willpower since they're bubbles in one way or another.



To answer your weapon question, it's mainly preference. If you plan on minimally DPSing (just enough to keep up your RF) and going Salv where your main healing methods need Willpower over STR then you would probably want to do 1h/book for stats that support it. If you're going the other way with using mainly bubbles, indirect heals, and hit your enemy to heal skills you'd most likely want to use a 2h wep as they have higher base DPS AND they usually focus on few stats with higher amounts (2h hammer with +40 str over a 1h with +16 str and a few others), and on top of that.



EDIT: It seems that Willpower ALSO increases the damage done by skills that do damage then heal for a %, so Willpower is really useful


This is the same with the disciple.


You can either go the willpower way, the mixed way (will/str), or go full out on strenght. a very versitile way of healing if i may say so


Meh. WP is insane if done correctly.



I personally am trying to go more self preserving as unless I'm in a pre-made when I'm healing others they never decide to heal back and it annoys me =/


Well not all careers can heal


I'm a little frustrated that dps careers are too busy dpsing that they forget to protect their healers that are keeping them up.


Not a dps race... Its a battle of life and death


i think that warrior priest are possibly the best 1 on 1 class in the game?



Awsome at taking out champions solo aslwell


I disagree. I have played them all, from 1 to cap several times on both sides and I can say with complete and utter confidence that every career has their strengths and weaknesses and not a single one is %26quot;the best%26quot; - there's only which one is the best for ME.


Hi, I am also playing as a warrior priest, and am new to mmorpgs (therefore, sorry if this is a rubbish question)- how do I kill champions? Im willing to accept that I sometimes take on more than I can chew, but at a level 7, when I take on a level 4 or 5 hero or champion, I hack away at them with little damage, and when they respond im dead after about 4 hits. I guess I need more armour, but im concerned my attacking ability leaves a lot to be desired when going after someone who is nominally a lesser level than me! I now tend to run when I see them, until I can see some way of sneaking past. Any hints? thx!


Champions and hero's are meant to be killed with a group. Some skilled well equiped and prepared characters can solo them, but your best bet is to make friends, join a group, and gang up on the poor lonly mob.


I was talking from closed beta experiance here when my warrior preist was level 30 something in a full blue set. My post was to nonspecific and i hope i didnt wast your time by making you spend hours trying to solo champions at level 7