Lockheart Shelby Satchel



It seems to me that Lockheart has created a bit of a sore spot here at Bag Bliss. First, Deysa wrote about the over-the-top braiding on the Lockheart Cadence. And now, I am bringing everyone’s attention to the Lockheart Shelby Satchel.

Now I’m not saying that I hate this bag. In fact, there are quite a few things that I have found myself admiring about it. I just love the domed satchel shape. It is unmistakably classic, yet unique at the same time. The front flap pockets are so cute, as are the double handles with their buckle detail. The main compartment opens up super wide, making it easy to look inside and examine contents. And did I mention that this bag is made of lambskin leather? Mmmm, yummy! And then… there’s the pleats. Normally, I am crazy for pleats. I think they look absolutely gorgeous on handbags, softening silhouettes and giving interest to otherwise plain designs. So what’s the problem with the pleats on this particular style? Not to sound too harsh, but they sort of remind me of the lining of a coffin. Perhaps it is because they were created so neatly and precisely. I guess when I think of pleats, I don’t think of formal patterns and hard edges. However, I think it is great that Lockheart is trying to think outside of the box. The use of pleats here is actually quite creative and I have to give them credit for that. This bag would be perfect for someone who really likes bold patterns and it would make a great alternative to a geometric print.

Find the Lockheart Shelby Satchel at Muse Ten, where it is currently available in Mulberry (shown) or Black.