Alt-o-holic's Benefit, Twinking The Lowbie Toons

When I first started in World of Warcraft, I tried a Rogue along with my wee Hunter. At the time, however, my computer could barely run WoW, and up-close melee was nothing but a stuttering bunch of frames. Hunter's distance from the fight allowed my video to keep up.


This time around, with the "new" computer I got 9 months ago, up-close melee fighting isn't nearly as bad, which has allowed my to advance my Warrior to near-50, and I've now got my second up-close fighter, my 19 Orc Rogue.


Hunter Equips The Rogue


My 62 Hunter started out as a Leatherworker/Skinner and in time dropped Skinning for Enchanting. This has proven to be very useful for equipping my Rogue!


Add to this that my 33 Mage is an Alchemist and I've got more than one Herbalist, and it gets even better!


Leatherworkers can make some cool teen-level leather gear for Hunters and Rogues:


Deviate Scale Gloves
Binds when equipped
HandsLeather
49 Armor
+3 Stamina
+3 Agility
Requires Level 16
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Deviate Scale Gloves

Deviate Scale Cloak
Binds when equipped
BackCloth
16 Armor
+2 Stamina
+2 Agility
Requires Level 13
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Deviate Scale Cloak

Dark Leather Pants
Binds when equipped
LegsLeather
72 Armor
+8 Agility
Requires Level 18
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Dark Leather Pants

Deviate Scale Belt
Binds when equipped
WaistLeather
51 Armor
+6 Stamina
+5 Agility
+3 Spirit
Requires Level 18
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Deviate Scale Belt

Dark Leather Tunic
Binds when equipped
ChestLeather
78 Armor
+6 Agility
Requires Level 15
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Dark Leather Tunic


Add on to those some +health and +agility enchants, and my little Rogue is Rockin'!


I also picked up two +agility daggers while in Wailing Caverns with my Guildie Friends:


Tail Spike
Binds when picked up
One-HandDagger
14 - 26 DamageSpeed 1.80
(11.1 damage per second)
+2 Agility
+2 Strength
Requires Level 17
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Tail Spike

Hook Dagger of ...
Binds when equipped
One-HandDagger
10 - 20 DamageSpeed 1.50
(10.0 damage per second)
Requires Level 15
Item display is courtesy world of warcraft.allakhazam.com. ',VAUTO,HAUTO,FULLHTML);" onmouseout="return nd();">Hook Dagger of Agility


I'm having much more fun with the Rogue this time around, and she's advancing to an intermediate lockpicking level at a respectable rate, which is the main reason she exists, and thus is satisfactory to me.


Priest Respecializations... again...


It's hard not to give in to various pressures about assigning one's talent points. Everyone says "go shadow!" but my heart doesn't want to go shadow.


So, I'm at 28 now and my spec is 11/3/5:


Discipline

Wand Specialization 5/5

Improved Power Word Shield 3/3

Improved Power Word Fortitude 2/2

Inner Focus 1/1


Holy

Improved Renew 3/3


Shadow

Spirit Tap 5/5


I'm sure that when I get higher level I'll shuffle these again, but for now this seems like a good build for solo'ing but still being able to heal in a party situation.


So far my attack strategy of Smite, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain, Power Word: Shield, wand to death hasn't changed much, other than inserting Inner Focus in front of the Mind Blast since it seems to hit harder and thus crit harder than the Smite. I am, however, happy at the initial damage done before I resort to "wanding" my yellow-colored opponent to death.


Of course, it's now evening and the lag is unbearable, so I haven't had a good go with soloing, nor have I been able to stay connected long enough to look into the future of my Talent tree.


Ah well.


How's your gaming going? :)