Question About Loot Drops When Farming Lowbie Instances

Loot Drops When Farming Instances


This weekends' runs were interesting in terms of loot drops.


I took my 49 warrior in to Wailing Caverns with a 18 or 19 Shaman and while I was cleaning out the path to the instance doorway while they were far away gathering quests, I picked up no less than SIX Bind On Equip green items. Then we went into the instance, went all the way through killing all the Fang bosses and the big dude and then coming back to wake Naralex (or whatever) and at the end of the run I had SIXTEEN BOE greens to sell. The shaman had 10 BOE greens to sell and had also needed on 2-3 blue items that dropped which he immediately used as upgrades on current equipment.


When I farm through WC by myself with my 60-62 hunter, no way that much drops. I haven't tested it with this under-60 warrior however.


Then, the 60 Hunter took my 32 mage through RFK and again the drops were insane, we came out with 10 or so BOE greens each.


Then, my 62 Hunter took his 32 warlock through RFK later in the day, and the drops were COMPLETELY SPARSE. I came out with 2 BOE greens to sell and my partner didn't come out with much more than that.


I have noticed, however, that dungeons such as RFC, WC, Deadmines and the likes all have a LOT of BOE greens that drop, and the number of uncommon+ things that drop in higher dungeons isn't near as much. Is this Blizzard's attempt to addict us early and then give us diminishing returns with occasional rewards to quell our junkiness??!!